“ For last year’s words belong to last year’s song
And next year’s words await another voice
And to make an end is to make a beginning.”
Little Gidding, T.S.Eliot
In the history of LPS Global School,the year 2017 will always hold a special place being the year of its initiation.The year ended on a high note.
The 1st Annual Day of the school, Antaragni was appreciated by one and all .The parents were delighted to see their wards showcasing their talent with confidence and aplomb.
- Winter vacation for the students and teachers started on 30th Dec’17. The Administrative staff was also given off for the 1st of January. A duty roster for teachers was prepared which ensured that one teacher was always present in the school during winter vacations.
- There were 60-70 enquiries for admission .4 admissions took place.
- The School reopened for teachers on 9th Jan’18 and they were warmly welcomed by the Vice- Chairman Arora Sir and the Principal.
- For two days ,9th and 10 th January teachers prepared the curriculum and planned a host of activities for the coming weeks. Extensive recapitulation activities were planned as valuable teaching time was lost due to Annual Day
- Teachers were asked to prepare activities to celebrate the upcoming festivals such as Lohri, Makar Sankarnti, Basant Panchmi and Republic Day.
- They were also asked to select races for their students as the Sports Day was scheduled for
- The School reopened for students on 11th January’18. Students seemed excited to be back to school but the attendance was not very good. A welcome assembly was conducted by the teachers and the students were asked to share their experiences during vacations.
- An assembly schedule was prepared and it was decided that the teachers will bear the responsibility of preparing individual students for conducting the assemblies. The focus would be on enabling students overcome their stage fright and gain confidence to speak.A detailed duty list was also prepared.
- The periodic test scheduled for 15th Jan’18 was postponed as the attendance in class 6th was very poor.
On 12th January a workshop on Montessori teaching methodology was arranged by Vice-Chairman Arora Sir for the pre-primary and primary teachers of our school and the entire teaching staff of Little Pearls School.
The resource person was the highly erudite and knowledgeable Headmistress( Pre-primary Wing) of Bal Bharti School, Ganga Ram Marg. She was also accompanied by a colleague. On reaching school they went around the campus and observed some of the classes. They were highly impressed by the infrastructure and the teachers’ involvement and dedication.
Later in the day,she conducted a session for the teachers and threw light on the methods in which different concepts could be taught to the students using Montessori module and equipments. She had brought with her some relevant equipments to help enhance the understanding of the teachers. The workshop was followed by a Q&A session to help teachers with their individual queries. The session was very informative and insightful.