LPS Global School aims at a child centric education with holistic development of every child. Classroom assessment and evaluation are concerned with qualitative judgements that are used to improve students' knowledge and learning. Assessment and evaluation also give teachers useful information about how to improve their teaching methods.
The assessment policy for Classes Pre- Nursery – VIII
A strong academic curriculum is followed with emphasis on experiential learning through planned class-room activities, audio visual aids and Multiple Intelligence lesson plans, Digital modules on the Smart Boards supplement the teaching learning process in all classrooms from Nursery to VIII.
· There is no formal examination for students of Pre-Nursery to Class IV.
- The Report Cards of the children is based on the assessment / evaluation done on the basis of day to day observation.
- Pre-Nursery-KG : No Formal assessment. The children are assessed on the basis of day to day observation, through general discussion and revision worksheets. A checklist is also prepared at the end of each term to verify the child's conceptual understanding.
- Class I-IV: The grading system for these classes is an overall assessment of a child's performance in class which includes written as well as oral skills. Formal exams are not held, however in each term, oral as well as written testing is done twice which further helps in assessing a child. Projects, assignments as well as day to day observations also form an essential basis for the evaluation.
· Classes V- VIII: Scholastic Area:
The assessment structure and examination for classes VI to VIII comprises two terms i.e. Term-1 and 2 .
- Unit Tests: One Unit Test every week for all Classes from V-VIII is held in rotation for all subjects
- Two formal examinations, one in each term is held for Classes V-VIII
Co-Scholastic Activities (Classes V-VIII):
For the holistic development of the student, co-curricular activities in the following areas are carried out.
- Work Education - Work Education refers to skill-based activities resulting in goods or services useful to the community.
- Art Education (Visual & Performing Art)
- Health and Physical Education (Sports/Martial Arts/Yoga/NCC etc.)
Discipline (Classes VI-VIII):
The students will also be assessed for the discipline which is based on factors like attendance, sincerity, behaviour, values, tidiness, respectfulness for rules and regulations, attitude towards society, nation and others.